View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #669
stormy0

vCash: 500
Default Re: ESB ATGs Muay Thai / KickBoxing fighters Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
This event happened in Auckland, New Zealand and was shown live in Thailand on channel 9 probabaly with Army or Governmant backing. Notice the big wig general putting the belt on Ole with Yodthong. At the time Thailand was busy building itself up as a top notch tourist destination and never missed a chance to showcase elements of it's culture abroad whehter it be food, Buddhism or Muay Thai. Notice the guys wearing the Mita shorts often worn by Thais representing thier country abroad around then, remember all those great fights in Holland? If you're standing in fornt of a Thai in the those silver shorts............ruuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnn

Good fight eyes fellas, both of your assesments of Karuhat are on the money. In thier last meeting at 105 (this was at 115) Karuhat had dominated the 4th and 5th to win the fight, so something was definatly up in this fight. The commentators mention how he was stuggling with the height and reach of Ole as well as Ole being a more rounded fighter since thier last encounter, however I think the real answers to your observations have something to do with.....

Notice how he has a shaved head and lack of eybrows, well he'd just come out of a monastry where he'd been on retreat as a monk after his uncle died, so probabaly hadn't been training to hard, notice how soft he looks. As you say he was easily thrown around by Ole, Karuhat had no strength, power or stamina....Well that morning at the weigh in Karuhat was 2 kilos over and had to drain himself to make weight, so a possible explanation.

Shows you what a monster Ole must have been at cutting weight.
I had noticed the lack of eyebrows and thought about him just coming back from being a monk.

The disparity in physical ability in this fight is super strong, especially considering what I'm used to seeing from Karuhat, especially.

Would you happen to have a link for their other fights, or know if they are available anywhere?
Man, there's gotta be some deep archives with amazing match ups/fights at the Thai broadcasting studios just waiting to be unearthed and shared.
stormy0 is offline  Top