Old 10-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #38
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rickson vs Sakuraba = Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Who would fair best in such situations, Marco stopping the favoured Rickson pass to side control to armbar, or Rickson slipping a jab or checking a leg kick?
I'd give Rickson the edge in both of these scenarios, but that is due to Ruas' passivity. If Ruas had been more aggressive with his strikes, I might doubt Rickson's ability to get him to the floor.

That does not address the point you are making, and it is a good one.

I'll use Rizzo as an example, because he was more effective with his stand-up than Ruas was in my opinion. Rizzo is also quite large for Rickson, so maybe this isn't the best example. **** it, I think it will work.

With longer time limits, and no separations due to inactivity, I think Rickson would do well against Rizzo. He would only have to close the distance once, and if he ever got the fight to the ground, you would get to see whether or not he ends the fight in submission.

With separations due to inactivity, more frequent round changes, etc...It makes Rickson have to close the distance against a much better striker repeatedly, and gives the better striker a chance to catch him with something and knock him out.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top