Old 10-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 0
Default Re: Adrian Hernandez vs. Kompayak Porpramook II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
Their first fight was a war and legit '11 FOTY candidate. One can only hope the same here...

I'm torn. I'm a Hernandez fan for sure, but Porpramook pretty decisively handled him. It's not as though Hernandez was in control then gassed, he gassed because Porpramook was in the pocket the whole fight winging body hooks that clearly indicated the result to anyone who was watching live without a bias or previous knowledge of the fighters' resume/capabilities.

That said, I think homefield advantage will play a huge role, from Thailand to Mexico. Plus, Porpramook deserved a TD Draw with "little heralded" Taconing, who got the better of Porpramook in their abreviated fight.

I'll go all in, 300, on Hernandez.
Yeah the first fight was my choice for 2011 FOTY. Hopefully, the second fight is of the same quality.

A lot of this depends on whether The Confessor is able to stay on the outside, instead of waging war in the trenches like he did the last time around. He's got the ability to do so, but his demeanor tends to compel him to go to war the moment a fighter like Porpramook begins to bring the heat.

And I think Kompayak's going to bring the heat again. His career trajectory suggests someone who fights to the perceived level of his opponent. He knows Hernandez is a dangerous mofo, because he spent close to ten round in heated conflict with the guy. I think he'll be coming out with the intent of proving that the first fight wasn't a fluke; and if you combine that motivation with Confessor's temperament, you stand a good chance of getting the same result.

So, I'm going the other way, though I'm not confident enough in my pick to go all in.
Drew101 is offline  Top