Old 10-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #14
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Baysangurov/Konecny - Saturday - good fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I do agree that Konecny would be no easy out for any of those names. I wouldn't necessarily favor him over them all, maybe even money against most.

I would love to see him rough up Vanes. (and think there's an excellent chance he would)

Konecny vs. Angulo or Kirkland could be FOTY material. Trout or Molina, not so much. Both those guys would take one look at his style and set about pot-shotting and keeping him way the hell at a distance (or swallowed in a clinch)
Didn't see this post, ya i pretty much agree with everything here.

Konecny vs Angulo/Kirkland would be amazing and i agree with the stylistic matchup you described for Trout/Molina fight. I just think Lukas isn't inept on the inside the way someone like Kirkland is, if you're taking the Molina approach Konecny wants to be in close and even if you're trying to smother him his short hooks, uppercuts, bodyshots mean you're still going to get hit when trying doing that. I think he's well suited to foil those tactics.

So many fans love jmw but the majority act like there's some huge class differential between some of these guys especially the North American based fighters.

Even Cotto, he put up a great performance against Floyd in losing, yes, but he really hasn't done anything at jmw. Mayorga coming off a 3 year retirement had a competitive fight with him but guys like Canelo, Lara, Konecny won't be able to compete?
Vysotsky is offline  Top