Old 10-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #17
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1847
Default Re: Baysangurov/Konecny - Saturday - good fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
It's revealing that you speak with such authority about a boxer you seem unfamiliar with and your entire argument is based on boxrec ratings.

Konecny's biggest fights were his three title fights against Varon, Piccirillo, and Dzinziruk. I had him winning the first two and the Dzinziruk fight was close and could be scored 7-5 for Konecny just as easily as for Dzinziruk.

Using Kirkland as an example can Lukas get KTFO against Ishida then be back on HBO against a name jmw several months later? No, unfortunately he hasn't fought on the most influential TV network for boxing and they aren't actively pushing his popularity and giving him the same oppertunities like Kirkland, Canelo, Trout.

As i said i like what iv seen from Canelo and do think he is talented but his best wins against legit jmw's that were somewhat prime was Rhodes, Gomez, Cintron, Baldomir and none were actually prime. What i said was that he hasn't done anything to distinguish himself as being a level above the other top jmw's.

I'm able to evaluate and form my own opinion based on what i see from a fighter inside the ring. You're invited to be as much of a boxrec warrior as you want but i'll always trust my own eyes more.
(So when it comes to Canelo you're a strict Boxrec warrior, but with Lukas Konecny it's all your boxing judgment).

It's true, I haven't yet acquired the Konecny career DVD set yet (but Christmas is on the way), but I did watch the Piccirillo fight.

Are you saying the Piccirillo fight wasn't close? You're probably aware that Piccirillo knocked him down in the 9th and it was ruled a slip. Aside from that, I'd say Piccirillo controlled the last half of the fight, rather clearly, cutting up Konecny's face in the process. Definitely not a clear Konecny win, could have gone either way.

But it did reveal a tough but somewhat limited fighter who was outboxed for large stretches. And this was 6 years ago in his physical prime.

And you're confident a 34 year old Konecny beats Angulo, Kirkland, Molina, Trout, and maybe Cotto?

Cotto!
conraddobler is offline  Top