Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
Fair reasoning, if someone has corbett in top 20 (i dont know if i do but i doubt it) . What ate his top 5 heavyweight wins? im not all that familiar with his resume
His top 5 wins based on significance at the time:
1. KO14 Jim Corbett. Lineal title win, so its a no brainer that this is #1.
2. DQ8 Tom Sharkey, Obviously it was a DQ, but we all know what realy happened. This was a fight for the vacant title, a bit like Klitschko Sanders.
3. KO1 Peter Maher. Maher was very highly regarded at the time, and this fight basicaly set him up as the only challenger for Corbett's crown.
4. KO6 Gus Ruhlin. Ruhlin was riding high and seen as the only serious chyallenger for Jeffries, then Fitz just destroyed him.
5. KO2 Tom Sharkey. Sharkey had lost to Ruhlin, but was still seen as the other key contender of the new generation. With this win, Fitz had wiped out the new wave of contenders, and turned the clock back.
It has to be noted that nobody apart from Corbett, gave him a particularly competitive fight, or lasted very long.