View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 06:36 AM   #22
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 277
Default Re: Who is the greatest Ducker of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
but floyd really did not retired. it's just his usual long vacations to avoid fighting the fights that people wants to see. do you agree with floyd's BS excuse that cotto is not a draw hence he could not fight him next?
No I don't believe that. Cotto was a huge draw in 2008, but let us keep in mind that Top Rank was going to make the Cotto/Margarito fight that year, we all know what happened there, and with the well known promotional issues that haven't changed since then, Top Rank changing its in house plan was likely to never happen even if Mayweather came out and wanted to fight Cotto.

But I do believe that Mayweather was officially retired, so, it doesn't really matter.

---

Did Joe Louis officially duck Ezzard Charles when he retired? Ducked him and waited to fight him until he was ready, huh?

How about Hatton? Let me guess, he shamefully ducked all of the junior welters and welters right when the divisions got hot, only to come out of retirement a few years later claiming his sights are on a world title and ultimate redemption against the best fighters on the planet. To you, that means Hatton has ducked em all during his retirement.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top