View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why did Jame Toney Vs Eubank/Benn not happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Left View Post
they do not respond to his taunts cause they are not massive smack talkers like JT.
Eubank wanted nothing to do with toney, even admitted it himself
Quote:
Harsh. I got the impression Eubank never forgave Toney for telling him via satellite that he'd beat his 'Momma's ass'!

Eubank explains that the fight wouldn't have generated enough money for the potential long-term damage it could've inflicted on either or both men!

"Yes, from late 1992 to early 1994, Chris Eubank-James Toney was the match that escaped. I do understand that it would've been great for the spectators, the best against the best, but Toney had so much burning desire in his solar plexus even as champion that I knew he probably wouldn't give up and knew he'd throw nothing but a catalog of combinations. It had 'Watson II' written all over it. I already had that fight. Toney hadn't had that fight and he wanted it.

"But believe me, I'm delighted to this day that the fight never materialized with Toney. I've got all my faculties in tact. I'm physically fit and mentally healthy, and I speak clearly. It would've been personal after all, because he insulted my mother.
http://twodiceboxing.com/index.php/2...k#.UHFzEa6LtkR
general zod is offline  Top