View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #23
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why did Jame Toney Vs Eubank/Benn not happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELECTRIC GURU View Post
They all took place whilst toney was IBF 168 champ. quit crying about it, quit splitting hairs, and stop trying to defend the indefencible. you know and i know that what Toney did was a bloody disgrace.

Focus your time and energy on debating elsewhere because you can never change these facts.
?????????
What are you going on about?
So all of a sudden his not that guy who fought Nunn and Mccallum because he faced a bunch of nobodies during keep busy fights. The fact that he never forced HBO to buy those fights or used them to rack up title defenses speaks for itself.

Eubank:
Quote:
McCallum put on a boxing clinic as he dominated the fight. McCallum then avenged his only defeat to Sumbu Kalambay and seeked a unification clash with the young and brash, Chris Eubank, but Eubank responded by saying "What would he bring?" A reporter then mentioned, "Danger,” but it seemed danger wasn't on Eubank's agenda. McCallun then looked for a unification clash with the young and talented James Toney.
Benn:
Quote:
Nigel Benn said "Roy Jones can beat the crap out of my head all he likes, but I'm not letting Mike McCallum snatch my body!". Roy Jones Jr. might have said it best saying "Ray Leonard had a lot of glamour, but he didn't have the skills of Mike McCallum.”
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/weblog...?p=5604&more=1
general zod is offline  Top