Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Jimmy Wilde vs Benny Lynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor View Post
Interesting match up.

I consider Wilde to be the greater fighter, but I wonder if Lynch might have a stylistic advantage here. Wilde'd style was reactive and depended upon making his opponents miss by narrow margins by subtle movements. Would this be pushing your luck against a complete offensive fighter like Lynch?
The same could be said of Lynch.

I think Lynch is stronger here and arguably more durable (although Wilde was admittedly only stopped by good punchers way past his best after hundreds of fights and was much smaller and, against Tancy Lee, the towel was thrown in and he was apparently sick) and although he lacks Wilde's famed clout he hit very hard.

On film both are pretty awkward fighters. I'll take Lynch via close decision by simply throwing and landing more than Wilde does and being able to stand up to his bombs. The Wilde of the first Kane fight would arguably be the best choice to go into battle here. Wilde did stand up to heavier men than him in every fight so he holds his own all the way. I don't think his craftiness would allow him to land the bombs he would need to shake Lynch off of his game.

If anyone wants to argue the other way I won't really argue.
Flea Man is offline  Top