View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
thistle1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How were old timers so good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUZO WANTANABE View Post
something to think about is guys today dont fight as much. in the past a young fighter fought much more and thus would get much more experienced year by year than a young fighter today. back then fighters at the top all fought each other meaning that the best fought the best and many times they fought each other sometimes several times. it was a pressure makes diamonds system
thats a good way of putting it, but also add in life's HARD Times, and obviously we're talking among the working poor, this makes for some right _ucken hard merciless bastards.

so through that into the mix well trained athlete's and the dozens of fights against right good calibre of fighters before you get to the top, as you have mentioned.

I knew a right old school bunch of hard _uckers in my 52 years, and when I came of age I met and knew some street fighting _uckers I'd never want to go near, but let me tell you, the old _unts I knew were made of different stuff to them.

Hard Times (mind toughness), and Top Athletes as well, plus the degree of multiple fighting, thats as good as it gets!
thistle1 is offline  Top