Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 AM   #8
Boxing101
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Jose Miguel Cotto rocks Canelo Alvarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
I cant recall who you are enough to know if youre a troll or not, but I can tell you one thing, you are reaching to the point of it looking like flat out pathetic hating.

Corley was a tough opponent has **** all to do with his punching power. Corley is far from a power puncher, and never was. The fact is Chop Chop did put Cotto on queer street, and he did rock Mayweather. Try to spin it anyway you want, thats what happened. Blatant haters were saying the same shit about Cotto back then as youre saying about Canelo now.

And four guys? Ya cuz I dont want to spend minutes listing more. You really think I cant make a ****ing list of guys rocked early in their careers who went on for it not to play a big part of their prime years?

Youre veering off into stupid mode with this thread.

Chop Chop Corley is a really good fighter. Why are you comparing him to Jose Miguel Cotto?

He just came off a split decision losss to Judah when he fought Mayweather.

Yes, Ali had been rocked by journeyman, but far from that extent early in his career. He always kept his legs together even when he went down.

Henry Cooper fight for an example. And often trainers back in the day used to tell you to go down, as taking more damage and walking around the ring will have a more detrimental effect. So you can recover quicker.

But watch Alvarez's defensive recovery. He doesn't keep his arms up, he relied on his strength and him moving backwards to get around the smaller man.

His legs then were wobbling over the ring. His chin is questionable even today.

As he has fought nobody of note who can test his chin. And Mosley was a zombie when he had him.

The difference between Ali and Alvarez is, Ali was fighting top guys fairly early on in his career. He never got rocked like that against someone like Jose Miguel Cotto.

When he went down to Sonny Banks, who was a star in the making alongside Cassius Clay, he had a knockout punch going into the Clay fight. He knocked Clay down but Clay got up and knocked him down in round 2, and then annihilated him in round 4.

So yeah, but this guy is the next superstar. He can be a superstar if he handpicks his opponents.
Boxing101 is offline  Top