Old 10-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #39
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174
Default Re: Does anyone worry about the long term effects of boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
What he's trying to say is that every sport has it's own unique problems, and that if you ever want to succeed at these sports you simply have to say "**** it" and go for it.

He's not saying "stop caring about your health" he's stating that there are risks in every single sport, and you have to accept them and continue on with your life.

If you're not willing to accept that one day, you may be blind and deaf because of boxing, then you will never succeed in it.

It's not difficult to comprehend, mate.
Also, the fact that you say you plan on having a career in boxing but you also "plan" to not spend your life brain damaged is pretty much an oxymoron.
You have to realize this is an actual possibility, that may happen to you if you continue. That's the truth of it. You must decide which is more valuable to you.
Of course I have accepted the risk. But the question is "do/should you WORRY" about it, which I think of course you should. Too many guys DONT worry about it and box for far too long etc. My point is that in boxing you have to look after yourself because nobody else really will.
StillWill is offline  Top