View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #45
Boxing101
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Jose Miguel Cotto rocks Canelo Alvarez

Alvarez made a lightweight/welterweight come up to fight him at 149 150, and gets rocked early by him.

And yeah, i saw the whole fight. He just relied on his strength throughout the fight to win. He was naturally the bigger man.

I mean he had superior height and reach advantage by a good three inches. And people still say he was green. It was his 33rd professional fight on paper.

Not to mention the unsanctioned fights he supposedly had.

I won't make excuses for him. If he can bring exciting fights thats the only thing which matters.

At the end of the day he ended up winning the fight but he struggled early against a lightweight/welterweight who went upto 149 150 to fight him.

If that was a regular 154 pounder, or a regular 147 pounder who is accustomed to the weight and caught him like that against the ropes he would have been koed. He would have had to put his hands up against someone as strong as him, or he would have been koed.

This guy's no Chavez Sr. He can't get away with that as his chin is nowhere near as good.

You could see his legs buckle, and he then backed away. Against a much smaller man.
Boxing101 is offline  Top