View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #169
ELECTRIC GURU
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
Funny, only one boxer in history is literally quoted as saying "it would take the crown jewels" when asked about another fighter, and his name isn't Andre Ward.

Who was it, again?

Check out Skittlez opening post from his thread earlier this week pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
Roy Jones Jr going full retard mode in 2003. Pretty much exposing how he hate taking risks and kept bragging about how smart he is and how much of a genius he is and how he will never be taken down.

On Oscar
Oscar De La Hoya can kiss my ass. The Golden Boy. Guaranteed, I'd beat him and two or three more of those mother****ers in the same day.

On taking risks.
You see what happened to Gerald McClellan? He believed the hype, went to England, and came home in a wheelchair. Now nobody wants to see Gerald. They want to ignore that. But I'm not going to ignore that. Hell with Larry Merchant and all the critics. They're not going to help me if my life gets damaged. You don't see Larry Merchant taking care of Gerald McClellan. I gotta live for me.

On how great and powerful he is.
If I go all out
I'm that strong. If I started showing people how mean I really am, somebody could wind up dead.

On why he don't care about legacy and don't want a place in boxing history.
If I fought like I was looking for a place in history, it would ruin me as a person. I don't think history is worth selling my soul. God wouldn't want me to be the type of rooster that kills another rooster. So I'm gonna chill and stay the nice guy that I am.

I AIN'T THE TOUGHEST MOTHER****ER IN THE WORLD. I AIN'T MR. SUPERMAN. NOT TRYING TO BE MR. TOUGH GUY. DON'T WANT TO BE. TELL YOU ONE THING, THOUGH: I'M ONE OF THE SMARTEST MOTHER****ERS IN THE WORLD. YOU'VE BEEN TALKING TO A ****IN' GENIUS.

http://www.esquire.com/features/what...3-MAR_WILJONES
ELECTRIC GURU is offline  Top