View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #125
hernanday
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: How were old timers so good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
You´ve got some right and wrong points. Yes, Dempsey beats Wlad but not because of his lack of skill, speed or anything but because, as you pointed out Demspey knows how to get past his jab, would be more aggressive than anyone Wlad fought and put him into "panic mode" which will end in him getting knocked out.

Wlad is very skilled albeit limited in what skills he uses. His simple style serves him very, very well and the majority of hws in history would not get by his jab, close enough to hurt him and even less would be able to get off before getting clinched or able to avoid clinching alltogether. I wouldn´t pick more than about a handfull to beat him. Dempsey is one with a very, very good chance due to his style advantage, but Wlad´s combination of size, speed (and he is quite fast, look at his fight with "Fast" Eddie Chambers, he didn´t look any slower), power and skill makes me quite unsure about that one.
I agree that'd one'd have to likely be quiet skilled by modern standards to beat vlad. because all guys tofay want to do is go throw 1 punch and ko a guy.
hernanday is offline  Top