View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
Ricky42791
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2835
Default Jab, Cross, Hook

Okay so like most boxers I have fundamental combinations that I was taught early on and continue to throw to set up other shots ie: 1-2, Jab cross hook, jab cross hook cross etc. I always like to throw Jab, Cross, Hook its my favorite combination to start out with. I throw more complex or varied combinations during my sparring as well usually just not to lead off or set up other combos. My coach says that everyone knows/expects that combination when your sparring so dont throw it. I understand what he means in the sense of mix up your attack which I do as the round progresses but I like to stick to the fundamental combos in the start of the round to feel my sparring partner out. Should i abandon/not use this combination as much? From your perspective is this an easy combo to anticipate? One of the reasons I like it is because i think its effective and thats why its taught early on....thoughts? i'm not saying I just throw this combination in sparring I switch it up however it seems like he doesnt want me to throw it at all during sparring. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks, Ricky
Ricky42791 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links