View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #134
luke
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: How were old timers so good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanday View Post
In some cases this is true, but when I watch joe louis and then I watch pretty much any challenger in the heavyweight division, it is almost laughabley bad, how terrible these guys are. all tomatoes, beer bellies, no discipline. Can't blame the Klitschkos the division is weak, but the best up and comer right now is seth mitchell who is a joke compared to up and comers of the ol times.

The only active boxer I think will even be though of as great 10 years from now is Pacquiao and possibly gamboa depending on how he does going forward, and Pac is just tough as hell, had he been in an era of great trainers, he could be much better.

Even SRL points out how his fight against duran was what made him great, it made him a better boxer. Who is the great technician of today, a FM, a guy who buys out his competitors? Mayweather senior doesn't even count from the 80s, like father like son, if mayweather jr was there in the 80's he'd never make money because he'd just get ignored and if he fought anyone of talent he'd just get butt hole torn up. Does he think Duran or hearns is going to clinch him like mosely after they stun him, no they are going.

You understand that canelo and mayweather would never be considered great in a strong era because they'd dodge all the top fighters. Charles Burley fought buys who weighed 70 pounds more than him and I am suppose to believe mayweather who won't even fight a guy who weighs 7 pounds more than him is the greatest technical boxer because he crushes tomatoes.
what makes you say that.
luke is offline  Top