View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 01:12 AM   #106
Icanteach2005
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 359
Default Re: Chavez jr "Andre Ward is the fight I want" "If no Martinez rematch I go up to 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by locard View Post
Chavez is too ballsy for his own good, he wasn't ready for Martinez yet and he sure as hell ain't ready for Ward.

I'd expect Chavez to fight much more agressively agaisnt Ward than he did against Sergio, since Chavez wont respect Ward's puny power at all. However, Ward would frustrate his attacks all night with his trademark holding & hitting tactics and occassional slickness and win a wide UD, specially if the fight takes place in JOakland
....... u mad..... Ward just made the 175 kingpin quit.. so Wards not lacking any Power.. You are right about one thing.. Jr is asking for way more than he can handle by fighting Ward..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
His power will be more as he won't need to cut that extra 8 lbs. He's a natural SMW right now. But he's still growing. I see him being successful all the way up to 175 where I think his 190lb frame will top off.

As for having NOTHING but power. Nah.......He's a relentless body puncher. Unless his opponent has serious power to keep him off, or is lightning fast to slip his shot and has excellent footwork to work off the ropes.....he's gonna beat them to the body.
As Jr goes up his Power will start to match the bigger bodies he is facing.. he is not beating up on little guys anymore fighting at 168 and 175.. so the power advantage he had at 160 is no more.. Everything else about Jr game many fighters at 168 and 175 do better..

Ward would love an inside War with Chavez.. we all saw How Chad Dawson lost half of his ****en face late in the Fight from Ward Uppercuts against the ropes.. Jr is not a factor against the big boys at 168 and 175..
Icanteach2005 is offline  Top