View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Ali handle the size of a Lewis?

Quote:
=Andrei00;13960532]I'm pretty sure if Lewis were to live and box in the same era as Ernie, he wouldn't weigh 245lbs.
That's kind of dodging the question if we're honest. When doing a fantasy matchup you have to compare the two fighters as they REALLY were.

Quote:
Take another example, Joe Bugner. 6'4" guy, weighed 230lbs against Ali. So yeah, I still believe Ali could handle Lewis' size pretty well.
Joe Bugner did not have the power or fighting style of a man like Lennox Lewis, and more often than not, fought a defensive minded style rather than initiating any sort of attack.. In either case, Lewis was still even bigger than Bugner and would likely be larger than any man Ali ever fought. If not, he was certainly more well rounded as a big man in terms of size, power, conditioning, mobility, skill, etc..

Now to clearify, I haven't a clue as to who would win.. Muhammad Ali will always be the better fighter in my mind, from the stand point of having greater accomplishments and doing better against the rest of the field. But I'm not confident in picking a winner between the two of them.
mr. magoo is offline  Top