View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #25
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Ali handle the size of a Lewis?

[quote=Andrei00;13962959]
Quote:
For a guy who fought his first 5 or 6 years below 240lbs, I'm saying it would be pretty stupid to think that he'd fight at 245 in a very different era
You never mentioned that before. You're post read ( and the agenda was pretty clear ) that if Lewis was fighting in Ali's era that you were fairly certain he'd be less than 245 lbs. You never commented on the segmentation of his career, and frankly I think we both know that his prime came later when incidentally, he was a bit larger than 230. Hence it came off as though you were trying to morph Lewis into someone that he wasn't. Kinda similar to arguments which harbor that if Rocky Marciano were fighting in the 90's he'd be larger than 185 lbs. Certainly a possibility but not a given.

Quote:
However, it had nothing to do with how would a fantasy matchup between Ali and Lewis look like. So you didn't get my point after commenting about it three times.
I think I retorted your original wording quite well.

Quote:
The original question was: "Could Ali handle the size of Lewis?" I posted a few examples of guys who were comparable to Lewis' in terms of size, and who Ali boxed against managing to handle their size pretty well.
Which I then pointed out were dissimilar to Lewis in just about every other way, and were still Lewis's lesser in size in size.

Quote:
Again, you missed my point.
Which is?
mr. magoo is offline  Top