Old 10-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #15
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885
Default Re: Starting Boxing at 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand NOOBian View Post
Might be a stupid question, but could there be any potential advantages to starting late? Maybe since you won't have as much wear and tear on your body as someone who started young?
This is the only advantage I can think of off the top of my head. Less distractions as well, when your a bit older your not as focussed on running around chasing girls on the piss all the time. There are two guys at my gym about 26 and they train almost everyday and are developing really fast because of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless View Post
lol....maybe I can answer that in a couple of years, when we see what kind of shape i'm in.

Personally, I never would have had the type of discipline I have now when I was in my teens or even mid twenties. Yes, my physical potential would have been greater, but I would not have had the type of diet, cardio and training discipline that I have now. Older me would whip younger me's ass. So yeah, that's just one advantage - greater discipline. Obviously not applicable to all, but applicable to many.
I'm the same I always wish I'd stuck with it since I was 15/16 when I first went into a boxing gym but in all honesty I didn't have any dedication back then.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top