View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:14 AM   #38
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Showtime close to ending Strikeforce deal, promotion could fold soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Following a sport for circa 10 years isn't a noob and trying to pull rank is never a cool thing. The sport isn't in decline and you'll spout this off for years to come.

I agree that if SF close its door it isn't a good thing. I'm all for a ruling major organisation but the smaller orgs are needed to breed competition.

Many will come and many will go just like promotions in boxing. We still have a thirst to watch a good fight but these businesses are being run poorly and thats what it comes down to.
You're deluded if you think MMA's star isn't waning. The numbers speak for themself. This has been a consistent trend for nearly the best part of a year now. Its the UFCs way or no way. There's no room for small orgs in the West so you can forget about that. As for businesses being run poorly i don't buy that. In the early days there were many promotions where fighters had plenty of choice. Now there is only ONE major Org left. The rest including the likes of Bellator in the West are semi-irrelevant, and that includes bush leagues. Whether you want to believe it or not casual fans ARE walking way from this sport in droves.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top