View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #32
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: sonny liston vs jack johnson.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Martin had a glass jaw and weak body. He was Ko'd early a few times.

Of course you leave out tons of inconvienet facts in this thread. Allow me to educate you once again.

1 ) Langford was likely 20 years old! You never mention this!

2 ) McVey was 19,19, and 20 years old! Once again, Johnson was picking on a youngster.

3 ) Jeannette had a losing record or was close to .500 in many of the matches. Yet he held his own in some of the matches. According to Jeanette, he was never above 170 pounds when he meet Johnson, and certainly lacked experience.

In all these fights ( at least 10 ), Johnson only scored 1 stoppage win, and it was in the last round vs. Mcvey. When Langford, Jeanette and McVey hit their primes ( 1908-1915 ) Johnson would not fight them. Johnson settled for white hopes types. Is it coincidence that Johnson avoided Gunboat Smith, who knocked him silly in their 4 round ex match? I think not! Smith wasn’t a hope. He could fight.

Summary: Johnson skirted his four best challengers as Champion: Langford, Smith, McVey, and Jeannette. What distinguised champion does this? Instead, Johnson was out boxed according to some primary / local sources vs. O’Brien who was a super middle. He was knocked down by another super middle in Ketchel. He drew vs. journeyman Battling Jim Johnson ( NO RE-MATCH GIVEN ), and barely defeated a mere contender type in Moran. The best Johnson fought in a title match was Willard, and he produced a ten count. Color me not impressed with his title opponents, or the results he had.
How much of your post is relevant to the one of mine you replied to?

I'm not even going to respond , your bigoted hatred is beyond farcical. Go look at some more photos of white heavyweights ,and pull your weenie.

INCONVIENET??? DISTINGUISED??? And you're going to educate me?

Last edited by mcvey; 10-12-2012 at 04:49 PM.
mcvey is offline  Top