Old 10-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #49
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye v Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
I haven't seen any evidence that Haye has this kind of mentality versus dangerous men, dangerous in excess of his natural ability to dominate them. His non-effort against Wlad was a total embarrassment. I personally feel I learned something about his mental limitations in that fight and have no problem using that to inform my pick.

My guess is Haye would get a sniff of Dempsey's punching, then run away in the ring. Haye has time to prove me wrong.
It has nothing to do with mental limitations but his lack of ability, Haye got outboxed not outbrawled. Anyone who's ever tried to brawl with Haye has been knocked out. Are Mormeck and Chisora not dangerous men? Enzo was scoring pretty brutal KOs on the way into the Haye fight too. Did Haye mentally fold in those?

Is Sam Langford mentally weak because he couldn't beat Jack Johnson? What about Napoles against Monzon?

Haye doesn't have the ability to fight on the front foot by bobbing and weaving, slipping jab and throwing short left hooks. He can't do any of those things and prefers to fight on the backfoot and counter. His footwork is also nowhere near as good as Wlad's

Fighting on the back foot and countering works well against Dempsey, Dempsey twice was dominated against a counter punching pot shotting mover. It doesn't work well against Wlad and no ones ever beat Wlad that way

I'm not even picking Haye here, but your criticising him for a losing a pure boxing match against the best of his time, Dempsey didn't face the best of his time
PowerPuncher is offline  Top