View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #11
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: How to beat Anderson Silva (HILARIOUS!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Come on man, what else can they do? try and sell this as a legit "pick em" fight? if they did people would criticize them even more.

It's a total underdog/rocky scenario and they are being open and honest about it.

I don't see why people are upset about it, Bonnar is tough as hell and comes to fight and Anderson is well......Anderson.

It's gonna be a great fight!!!
Seriously now, it's gonna be a one sided beat down. Silva has probably been asked to push it out a few rounds, but truth is he could likely finish it when he wants. Bonner is nowhere near Silva's league, and he's been in many tough fights, I can see him getting cracked bad here.

That's basically the point, this isn't a fight they can sell, even the UFC top brass know this, thats why they are going this way with it. But looking at the bigger picture, these kinds of fights won't win the organisation many new fans. And there are starting to be far too many mismatches.

Don't get me wrong, i've been watching MMA for a long time, but the talent pool in the UFC is nowhere near where it should be. Yes injuries have taken it#s toll but still you find the title fight match ups too, is a kind of merry go round of past challengers only ever being a fight or two away from another shot because there is no one there.
rainmaker is offline  Top