View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #56
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Re: The official STEPHAN BONNAR express!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Stephan Bonnar is gonna make it a dog fight.. I think he pummels Silva against the cage and possibly drags em' to the mat in that opening round.

He will either be punched out in the 2nd round, or have the crowd on their feet and Anderson Silva sucking wind by the end of that 2nd round.
I think there's a decent chance of that happening.

One thing seems all but certain. Bonnar will be on Silva like stink on shit. And he must know that he can't stand and trade the whole fight, so I think you're right, he'll try to drag him down to the ground where he can better use his size. And Bonnar's ground game isn't spectacular, but he's hardly a noob.

If Anderson takes a while to get into his groove and Bonnar gets confident and starts thinking he can really do it, this could turn into a very interesting fight. A third round with a gassed Bonnar up on points and trying to contain a desperate Anderson could be extremely dramatic.

Or, if Anderson obliterates him in 90 seconds, I woud find that worthwhile as well. Say what you want about Bonnar's skill or dedication, but nobody strolls over the top of him. Jon Jones landed all his best shots and Bonnar went nowhere. In fact he came back and arguably won the 3rd round. If Anderson wipes the floor with Bonnar, that will only be yet another statement about Anderson's ability, not a case of Bonnar being found out.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top