View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #58
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Re: The official STEPHAN BONNAR express!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
I think there's a decent chance of that happening.

One thing seems all but certain. Bonnar will be on Silva like stink on shit. And he must know that he can't stand and trade the whole fight, so I think you're right, he'll try to drag him down to the ground where he can better use his size. And Bonnar's ground game isn't spectacular, but he's hardly a noob.

If Anderson takes a while to get into his groove and Bonnar gets confident and starts thinking he can really do it, this could turn into a very interesting fight. A third round with a gassed Bonnar up on points and trying to contain a desperate Anderson could be extremely dramatic.

Or, if Anderson obliterates him in 90 seconds, I woud find that worthwhile as well. Say what you want about Bonnar's skill or dedication, but nobody strolls over the top of him. Jon Jones landed all his best shots and Bonnar went nowhere. In fact he came back and arguably won the 3rd round. If Anderson wipes the floor with Bonnar, that will only be yet another statement about Anderson's ability, not a case of Bonnar being found out.

Imagine that

Quote:
I'm actually more excited for this fight than I was for Chael 2.
Me too!

Quote:
With Bonnar, obviously you still expect Anderson to win, but it's a lot more "WTF is going to happen in there?" type fight.

Definitely.. Another prediction is that Anderson Silva attempts a Thai clinch in the opening round, but realizes Bonnar is one heluva fighter to try and contain!
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top