rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Haye v Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
The comparison is quality.

Haye trades primarily upon his physical capabilities. He has used them to beat every opponent he has ever met at world level. When he met an opponent who he could not dominate in this way he produced nothing. I don't mean figuratively, I mean literally.

A total absence of impact of any description upon the only opponent he wasn't able to dominate with athleticism did not see him beaten - it saw him rendered absolutely impotent. He showed zero ring iq - not figuratively, literally - no aggression - not figuratively, literally - and no heart.

Fighters like that don't beat elite fighters. Doesn't happen.
If Haye showed zero ring IQ against Wlad, he would have been knocked out. He was trying to prevent that from happening and he did. I don't like how Haye acted in that fight either, but what does it have to do with Haye against Dempsey? How is Dempsey comparable to Wlad? If nothing else, Dempsey would force Haye to fight - something Wlad didn't do. Unlike Wlad, Dempsey would be coming forward at Haye until one of them gets stopped. It's a completely different dynamic than Haye-Wlad.
rusak is offline  Top