Old 10-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #29
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Foremans win over moorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
As much as I love the win, (and it was a huge one) this whole mythology that Foreman was getting his ass kicked every round and then landed one shot drives me up the ****ing wall.

Let me ask you something: do you people actually watch fights? Or just to what other people and commentators say about fights and fighters? Just like most of you seem to believe that Hagler was a face first brawler (for most of his career he was a versatile boxer-puncher with good movement) or that JCC Sr was a take 3 to land 1 guy (out of all offensive fighters in history, he was one of the best when it came to defense and making his opponent miss) this ridiculous belief that Foreman was a human punching bag who only landed 1 big punch is a complete fabrication.

Fact is, while Moorer was dominating on the cards, a fair number of rounds were competitive, Foreman landed big shots in nearly every round, and he beat the **** out of Moorer all throughout the last round. I mean, he knocked Moorer from one side of the ring to the other before Moorer finally fell.

Don't know what good it'll do posting footage since some of you won't notice a punch landing if an announcer doesn't say something about it, but seriously, watch the ****ing fights before you comment on them!
If that's directed at me
SJS19 is offline  Top