View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #36
CharlieA
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Foremans win over moorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
Great win for Foreman, but let's face it guys: He was lucky. He knew he was the underdog and landed that one shot that earned him the belt.

After winning he needed a robbery against journeyman level Eurobum Axel Schulz in a scandalous SD decision win. Foreman ducked the rematch after the IBF made Schulz the mandatory challenger, dropped the IBF belt and fought Savarese and Briggs for some joke belt.

Let's go through comeback Foreman's performance:

1. Loses to Holyfield
2. Loses to Morrison
3. After being outboxed by former LHW Michael Moorer, Foreman lands a lucky shot in the 10th and KO's Moorer.
4. A badly faded Foreman needs a SD robbery against Eurobum Axel Schulz. Most observers had this at least 116-114 for Schulz.
5. The IBF installs Schulz as mandatory challenger after the scandalous fight. Foreman drops his IBF belt and fights some bum for the WBU belt.
6. Foreman loses a SD to Shannon Briggs.

This is supposed to be the greatest comeback in sports? Seriously, this is a string of losses against good and robberies against mediocre opposition -- and one lucky punch.

Comeback Foreman had about as much substance as prime Rahman. The entire episode boils down to a single lucky punch.
I am not sure what planet you are from, worst string of weird conclusions I've read.

* 1. Loses to Holyfield

He went life and death at 43 with Ring Magazines 3rd rated heavyweight of all times.

* 2. Loses to Morrison

The loss to Morrison was more like this. One of the toughest heavyweights of his era (Tommy) understood he could not trade with Foreman and put his running shoes on. Tommy morrison has never boxed like this before or after that. You need to realize why Tommy did this.

3. After being outboxed by former LHW Michael Moorer, Foreman lands a lucky shot in the 10th and KO's Moorer.

Foreman because of his size and speed issues at this age, would always have problems with movable opponents. If you look through the fight again, it is quite clear Foreman was working on getting Moorer to move to his right the whole fight. To set him up for the right. It might have failed, but you have to realize why it didn't. He never gave up on his plan.

4. A badly faded Foreman needs a SD robbery against Eurobum Axel Schulz. Most observers had this at least 116-114 for Schulz.

I saw the fight, it was pretty even, Foreman slightly ahead. I guess you have heard the term style makes fights? Well, bad matchup for Foreman. Axel Schulz was a typical german boxer, movable with a good guard and did never get into slugfests.

5. The IBF installs Schulz as mandatory challenger after the scandalous fight. Foreman drops his IBF belt and fights some bum for the WBU belt.

Don't know the reasons for this...

6. Foreman loses a SD to Shannon Briggs.

This was disputable loss the way I see it. And come on, he pushed Briggs to brink at 47??? And you don't give him credit for that? Are you nuts?
Briggs some 10 years later did put up a good effort with Klitchko when he himself was washed up?

I think your ideas are just weird.
CharlieA is offline  Top