View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #58
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Fourth and fifth best heavyweights of the nineties ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo View Post
So beating Chris Byrd who hadn't done **** to deserve a rating and David Tua who's best win was over an unknown Ruiz trumped a win over a 35-0 reigning world champion? That's really ****ed.

And who the hell did Moorer and Foreman beat to win the title? I believe it was THE MAN who held it before him, hence the expression " you have to beat the man to become the man. "

So you'd rank him at #5 for the entire decade based on wins over a 10 fight Maskaev, Derek Izon who never accomplished anything, John Ruiz who was nobody at the time, a washed up Tubbs and Rahman? How in the blue **** are these wins suppose to ad up to Moorer beating Holy, Cooper, Stewart, Botha and Schultz and Foreman's wins over Moorer, Savarese, Rodriguez, Stewart and Coetzer plus the claims of being two world champions? Seriously bro, if you have to start throwing around names like Izon you must be s****ing the bottom of the barrel.

So right now as it stands with you, Ike has one win over an unaccomplshed Contender who's best win was Ross Purity and an undecided outcome over a guy who was very nearly as unaccomplished? THIS is your criteria for flip flopping between the two of them as being the FIFTH best heavyweight of the 1990's?
yeah Byrd, Tua > Moorer.

I don't think Holy won the Bowe rematch and I don't even think Moorer beat Holy so the lineage there means jack to me.

Yes as it stands I'm flip flopping between those two, I'm pretty sure I said that a few posts ago though.
lufcrazy is offline  Top