View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #15
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800
Default Re: who think chris weidman can beat silva?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Jones would definitely take Anderson down. The threat of the KO is a lot more real than the threat of submission. If anything, nearly getting subbed was a good thing for his career. There is no doubt that he will be working hard on his submission defence, now.

I do like that now that Jones was close to being subbed, it's a massive exploitable weakness in his game. Unless you have Vinny Magalhaes level BJJ, you do not want Jones on top of you. We see Bendo get stuck in super tight submission attempts all the time, yet no one thinks that the best gameplan to fight him is to try to sub him from the bottom.
Fair post but Silvas BJJ man, that is underrated. What made me change my mind was I now believe He was injured for the first Chael fight. He is just so long that He is a huge threat to Jones on the ground and Jones isnt Superman that would just pick up anything BJJ. He is an athletic freak but his standup has not improved in two years, based on that I dont see him becoming Roger Gracie either.
chimba is offline  Top