View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #20
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: What is the best kicking martial art?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evalistinho View Post
You seem set on thinking savate is better so we cant change your mind. I believe its Muay Thai still.
I want to learn one of these disciplines, but I don't want to waste my time learing a discipline that is made for people that fight like Margarito.

If that is a prerequisite for Muy Thai, what is the point of me learning it?

To be honest, just like boxing, I want to get the most out of it, learn how to do it, get some sparring in if not one fight, and then practice it through shadow boxing (shadow kicking? do people do this?), and bag work.

I just want to have it in my arsenal in case I need it. But I box intelligently. I try to counter, and while I feel like I can punch very hard for my weightclass, I don't fight with a style of just reckless abandonment.

You see what I'm saying?

What good is it learing a fighting style that leaves you a broken old man? I mean, I understand that if I'm not going pro, but how good is a style that breaks down your body?

It seems like Savate emphsasizes skill and precision while Muy Thai emphasizes just blind power and taking punishment.

Skill and intellect usually wins out. Look at Anderson Silva. He's not always the strongest, fastest, or hardest puncher, yet he wins consistantly.

I know Wilhelm said that Savate doesn't use leg kicks, but in videos I watch of it, I see them leg kicking all the time.

And he just told me that the Savate guy was very hard to spar.

So I'm perplexed. If Savate routinely wins out against Muy Thai, why learn a weaker discpline?
ROACH is offline  Top