View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #51
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjaw View Post
The Rock Jaw puts pressure on the jaw muscle...the muscle of the jaw is what supports your jaw. This is common sense and if you guys are really athletes you would understand this. Do I have to explain why using a weight on your forearm makes your forearm strong for arm wrestling tournaments?*
Punches are landed directly on your jaw in boxing and in MMA bouts. This does not need a scientist in a lab to prove the product works, it needs a buyer with common sense.

And yes packaging the product is a good idea. I'm going to do that.*

I want to thank you guys for the sales.
From popularmechanics.com:"The Science of a Boxing Knockout"

Quote:
So what causes a knockout? Concussions, and lots of them. While it often seems as though the effect is caused by a single well-placed shot, it is usually the result of many quick punches. Each punch creates a concussion (technically defined as any head injury that causes a disruption of neurological function), and each concussion brings the boxer closer to a state of darkness.*

Here's how it happens: The body contains dissolved sodium, potassium and calcium, collectively known as electrolytes, which are responsible for conducting impulses along neurons. Every time a fighter receives a blow to a nerve, potassium leaves the cell and calcium rushes in, destabilizing the electrolyte balance, while the brain does all it can to keep these levels in balance. With each successive blow, this balance becomes harder and harder to maintain, and more and more energy must be spent in the process. When the body reaches the point where the damage outweighs the body's ability to repair itself, the brain shuts down to conserve enough energy to fix the injured neurons at a later point.

From livestrong.com: "How Does a Punch to the Jaw Cause a Knockout?"

Quote:
Jaw Impact
A punch to the jaw causes the head to suddenly spin around. This can be to the left, to the right, or to the back. This quick motion of the skull causes trauma to the brain that leads to a knockout. Points on the jaw that are especially vulnerable to knockouts are the sides of the chin, and where the jaw is attached to the rest of the skull.

Acceleration and Deceleration
When the jaw is punched, the head quickly accelerates around. After a fraction of a second, it quickly decelerates as muscles, tendons, and bones prevent the head from spinning any further. The brain inside the skull is floating in fluid. It accelerates slower than the rest of the head. This forces it to crash into the inside of the skull when the head stops.

Brain Trauma
When the brain slams into the inside of the skull, it suffers trauma. It then bounces off the inside of the skull and slams into the opposite side. This causes even more trauma. Depending on the force of the punch, this can happen several times before the brain comes to rest inside the skull.

Nervous System Response
The trauma to the brain stimulates an overwhelming number of neurotransmitters to fire at the same time. This essentially overloads the nervous system sending it into a state of temporary paralysis. The person who is hit in the jaw loses consciousness and their muscles relax. They fall to the ground with no memory of being hit.

After reading the two articles, common sense tells me that strengthening my jaw muscle via "Rock Jaw" will not help me take a punch. If you were promoting a product that claims to increase forearm strength, then I'd like to see scientific studies that prove this as well. But you're not. You're claiming to improve jaw strength that will in turn reduce the chances of a knockout, which I don't quite buy based on your*argument* Common sense also tells me that by subtly implying that those who question your product lack common sense is not a good way to do business.
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top