View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #33
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: How to beat Anderson Silva (HILARIOUS!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
You called the fight for Silva by easy stoppage, leaving yourself the option for Silva winning in more than one round.

I called the fight for Silva by way of steady beatdown, acknowledging the chance for the p4p #1 and possible GOAT to annihilate the larger granite-chinned journeyman, as he has done in the LHW division before. But generally, I wasn't making strong predictions so much as just waiting to see what would happen. Waiting to see which man would surprise me.

So I called the result correctly but the specifics wrong, sort of. And you called the fight correctly, and didn't need your fallback of Anderson carrying Bonnar. But really, both of us just predicted the GOAT to beat the biggest underdog in UFC main-event history. So it's hardly anything for anyone to crow too hard about really.

I saw your posts in the other thread too, you were sitting on the fence a fair bit, and saying Anderson will win, but what if........

I never went down that road at least, I pretty much said with certainty that Silva would finish it, and that it was a mismatch. I only saw one outcome, a silva win in brutal fashion. That's the difference from our predictions.
rainmaker is offline  Top