Old 10-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #38
FlyingFrenchman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: If Vitali was fighting in the 1970's-1980's

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
4 such a huge fan of Vitali , it is a very bad sign when he still can not c him beating prime Ali and prime Holmes @ their own games .

BTW , i m not a fan of "his" , and do not c him walking through Tubbs , nor stopping Smith or Tucker .

But i do c him beating prime Ali / Clay and prime Holmes @ their own games .

I guess he would have beaten Young .
I'm not a huge Vitali Klitschko fan... not sure why somebody would think that? I'm just giving my opinion.

So he can beat Ali and Holmes but he's going to have trouble with Tubbs, Smith, and Tucker?

This retrospect love for Young, Tubbs, Page, Tucker, and others is starting to get out of hand. These guys were hot and cold and had very few wins over top HWs. When they did beat a decent fighter it was usually very close or they struggled to get the win.

Tucker got outboxed by Douglas before Douglas ran out of gas and got stopped in round 10. Who else did he beat? He decisioned a washed up Jimmy Young and a never was in James Broad. He was lucky to get the wins over Orlin Norris and Oliver McCall. he lost to Norris in a rematch. He clearly lost to Tyson and Lewis. He was dropped twice by Lewis. No shame in losing to these two but did he really even give them much trouble? No! Tucker really wasn't much. He didn't get knocked out by Tyson and Lewis... so what!

Tubbs decisioned a washed up Young and won non dominating decisions over Bonecrusher Smith and Page. He lost a boring but close decision to Witherspoon. He decisioned Wimpy Halstead (tough and fun to watch but far from a top HW). He was stopped in the 2nd round by Tyson and was never in the fight. He gave an up and coming Bowe trouble and decisioned Bruce Seldon. He lost close decisions to Jimmy Thunder and Alexander Zolkin after getting stopped by Lionel Butler LKOby1 and Jimmy Ellis LKOby1 and before getting stopped in 4 by Brian Nielsen. Not so special was he?

Smith? He was stopped by James Broad, Larry Holmes, Razor Ruddock, and 4 others. Vitali didn't have the "smash" but I think he had the right combination of skill, power, and durability to break Smith down.
FlyingFrenchman is offline  Top