View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #57
RockyRock

vCash: 500
Default Re: Can I start boxing at the age of 33?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless View Post
How long have you been training Rock? I think there are positives here, like you sound like someone with a very serious work ethic, and discipline. Which is a huge asset for a boxer. But I agree with Virus, I think over-emphasis on the numbers is a bit of a distraction.
I think the cynicism many of us display with these types of questions is at times, uncalled for. But understandable. Since people often try out boxing and a "large" percentage realize through time that it's really not for them. So I think numbers are only moderately important at the early stages. Learning basics and technique and overall just learning to "enjoy" the sport are more crucial for now.

I started at 35, and far from being a recognized champion. I put up a video of me on this forum, and I would say age has not slowed me down one bit. But realistically, I think my window of opportunity is far too short to become an extraordinary boxer. Sounds negative I know, but it's very realistic.
I don't want to discourage you from pursuing your goals - and wish you the best of luck! I look forward to seeing your progress - and hopefully you can also put a video up.
Hi friend, First of all thanks for your well wishes . I were in martial arts for 10 years and were a very good player. My styles in MA were Taekwondo, wushu, Karate and Judo. but from last few years I were doing body building exercises. From my childhood I want to become a Boxer. I did not have boxing match in my age but i practiced on boxing kit much and also watch the videos of Mohammad Ali and Rocky Marc. many time and copy there styles and now i want to take this game seriously and like to fight the competitons...
RockyRock is offline  Top