View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #480
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev's professional career

Pulev must make the obligatory defense against challenger of the title in nine months after he claim it. He won it in May, so he must defend it until February, otherwise he must vacate it. A win over Robert Helenius will make huge impact and for sure will build up the next match to be for world title. Kubrat do not want to lose time, he will make 32 in May.
Even with a loss Helenius will have a chance once again to fight for European title after Kubrat vacates it, because he is from Sauerland and he is former champ. He still be close to the EBU ranks.

If Helenius wins he as well may pave his way to a bout with Wladimir for world title. Then he will vacate Euro title and Pulev once again will get a chance to take it back.

I am not sure if Helenius sholder is fully healed. As i read somewhere he's got problems with it, because the operation revealed bigger damage
Quote:
The Finnish fighter snapped a ligament in his right shoulder in connection with a fall while running.
Consequently two other ligaments have loosened, and in the operation the boxer's collarbone also has to be fiddled with.
I wish Robert to be fully healed and to continue his career. I am sure he will accept a fight with Pulev! And all the fans will be satisfied.
ogii3 is offline  Top