Old 10-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #42
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjl12 View Post
I had Floyd by an easy UD. 10-2 or 9-3. Cotto landed nothing more than jabs. Floyd was landing crisp counters and was the aggressor / dictator of the fight.

Cotto having Floyd against the ropes doesn't mean he dictated the fight. Yes, he pinned Floyd, but pinning someone usually indicates landing/trading punches and that's something Cotto was unable to do (other than a few jabs). All the while Floyd landed counter/cleaner punches. So I believe Floyd dictated the pace/style of that fight, despite being against the ropes for nearly half the fight.
Exactly PBF landed the cleaner and harder blows. The fact that PBF got his nose busted up by jabs and he was able to pin PBF against the ropes gave the illusion that he was doing better than he actually was. When in fact he was losing rounds clearly and taking a lot of punishment. I guess the fact that people thought PBF was going to put on a Gatti type of performance led them into thinking Cotto did better and it was a close fight. PBF won that fight going away 10-2 or 9-3 at worst.
Pimp C is offline  Top