View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #112
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: MUNDINE CHALLENGES GEALE OFFICIALLY. offers to take the smaller purse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
The rematch sells and more importantly, its credible. Mundine decisioned Geale, simple as. Take away the nonsense of the tape coming off the gloves and yes Mundine should of had a point deducted., but it was never a robbery. I can't stand Mundine but in my eyes he legitamtely won an extremely close fight that night. Thought Geale was very green that night though, huge step up from Ajetovic and Dawson. Too square on going forward, hung his chin out when stepping back out, none of the sublime footwork he possess now. I think Geale soundly beats Mundine on points in a rematch. 118-110 kinda card. Improved so much. Far more seasoned now and Mundine is really flat footed these days. Hand speed and relexes still very good but his legs are gone.
Fair assessment over all. I obviously will disagree about the decision in their fight. If what you say is true, and with a point deduction, then at worst should have been a draw, but, its down as a win for Mundine and it is what it is.

If this fight goes ahead, its holds more credibility for mundine than geale. Is a step up for mundine at this stage in his career, and coming off a medioca last few years. A good fight for Geale to avenge his only points loss, but thats it. He holds the titles, mundine does not.

12 round fight, no titles.
fighta29 is offline  Top