Old 10-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #15
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Brandon rios vs mike alvarado

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesa View Post
Seriously though, neither fighter gave a shit about defense. Just two offensive bangers with iron chins. Boring as hell. Same thing over and over again. Me? I want to see some skill. Now Amir Khan Vs Marcos Maidana, that was a great fight. Joe calzaghe vs jeff lacy, that was a great fight. David Price Vs Audley Harrison - great fight. One sided beatdowns by a skilled boxer are the best.

BTW I also find pure boxing boring as hell (e.g. Andre Ward). My favourite fighters to watch are Mayweather, Pacquaio, Khan, Brook, Price, Bellew. Anytime these guys are on I will definitely watch. I thought Martinez Chavez was a good fight also.
you prefer one sided uncompetitive fights? and there is defence in there trust me, there'll have been loads of subtle defence, sure they may take a lot of shots but your average pub brawlers could no way produce that type of action, theres a lot of skill involved in infighting like that and maybe the attitude that its unskilled is why its dying out? to me that was a really high level fight, theres more than one way to win a fight, too many people equate "skill" to boxing like andre dirrell, jab hold run jab hold run etc.

and you didnt like that fight but werent tempted to watch donaire nishioka?
JamieC is offline  Top