View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #22
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Has Canelo's Hand Speed Improved?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
I'm not saying Canelo can match up with the historically good to great middleweights. I'm not stupid enough to think he has that type of potential as a middleweight. But fortunately for him, very few real good fighters exist in the division. I'm confident in saying none of them are historically great middleweights. So against a few years down the road against competition like Quillin, Geale, Proksa, N'Jikam, Lee, Pirog, Jacobs, Macklin, Korobov, etc., I think Canelo would be able to pick up a couple title belts (so long as he doesn't run into GGG in my opinion). I'm not really factoring in Martinez as I think he'll be retired by the time Canelo moves up. But as it stands, I'd favor Martinez to beat him and very possibly via stoppage.
i dont think he has a chance for anything at 160. his style is to bully people and he has yet to prove that this style will work against legit, true and prime 154's in molina, lara, vanes, trout or kirkland(both pbf and cotto are not true 154's but 147's).

chavez jr, if he stays at 160, simply walks down canelo and easily beats the shit out of him.

you would be simply amazed on how bad canelo would look at 160 as everyone there would simply not respect him or his power (ala dlh versus sturm, winky versus mosely(154), trinidad versus mayorga) and simply walk him down. this is pretty much what happened in the ggg sparring session(if ggg wanted to finsh canelo he certainly couldve).

there is a very good chance that this is going to happen at 154 once canelo faces a legit and in-their-prime 154.
Quincy K is offline  Top