View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #23
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Has Canelo's Hand Speed Improved?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
They need to give Canelo some hormones ala Messi to make him taller. I agree he is too short to compete at 160. Hell with his height he is too short to be at 154. I would like to see him move down to 147 but he is a thick kid so I really doubt that would happen.
in the last 20+years, 154 has historically been a 5'9" to 6'0" division. thats the first thing i see when looking at canelos chances of success. the fact that he doesnt have true one-punch power is also troubling. and then there is his plodding footwork. his feet are very slow with those short stumpy legs. he throws good combinations but has done so only against compromised competition. its easy to look good against someone when youre not afraid of getting punched back in the process. he looks like a jmw version of tommy morrison without the commanding power.

agree with you that if he could make 147 he would rule that division.

at 154, i dont think its going to happen and espesially the way gbp is playing his cards with him.

he shouldve already fought either vanes, kirkland(and not the right shoulder injury version), lara or molina by now and at the very least the 5'6" 39-year-old bundrage.
Quincy K is offline  Top