View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #198
Porgeous Porge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar

reading the arguments on Silvas resume...I think I stand in the middle ground of your debate

On 1 hand I do think Silvas resume could be better but on the other i dont think its bad

Before getting into this I dont know the negotiations or the behind the scenes business..I dont know if these fights were almost made or even attempted or whatever

Basically I always felt Silva had a great opponent below him in St Pierre and I kinda wished they had fought at some point, not sure whose fault it is maybe i expect too much but thats just a fight that i wanted

Light heavy always has been the glamour division always loaded with tough talent, I know its a lot to ask of a guy to fight well above his best weight, as in 185 to 205 but I always felt the big fights were up there

Imagine if you took out Chris Leben and Nate Marquart and 1 other name and swapped in Rashad Evans, Rampage Jackson and Lyoto Machida. Or took out 2 of those 205 guys and subbed in Shogun or Jon Jones

Like I said maybe I am asking too much but I always felt there were fights I wish he made happen
Porgeous Porge is offline  Top