Old 10-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #148
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000
Default Re: Pavlik is a bad fight for ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
Negotiations are reportedly going well: 95% done. I haven't heard anything about a venue, but for reasons I already explained, I suspect Vegas.

Now I think we need to get the ESB administration to devote a sub-forum to hypocrites. You know, British Boxing, Classic Boxing, SNIVELING-HYPOCRITICAL-NON-BOXING-FANS. That way you ****wits can hang out in your very own forum, and bitch and whine to each other.

Ever since KP launched his comeback under Garcia, 9 out of 10 of you ****ing morons have done nothing but critisize the level of competition. Now he shuts down the idea of fighting a nobody like Rodriguez, and goes after the #1 guy, and he catches nothing but shit for it. This is one of the gutsiest moves I've seen since the first Ali/Quarry fight (actually at the time it was more of a Quarry/Ali fight than vice versa) and Pavlik deserves big props for his willingness to step up to the plate.

Oh, and by the way, just to pour a little salt in your pathetic and festering little wounds, Kelly is extremely excited, and fully expects to knock Ward out.
Serious question; why is it a brave move?

It's not like Ward is a knockout artist who is a threat to Pavlik. Both will earn good money and on top of that, if Pavlik loses a wide UD, does it really hurt him? Everyone expects him to lose a wide decision so if he does, what has he lost? Nothing. He can still come back and work his way up. It's not a risky fight because Ward can't punch and it's not a risky move to take the fight because Pavlik has nothing to lose due to expectations being so low.

It's like you're desperate to praise Pavlik all the time. Good luck to him and fair play for taking it, but it's not some monumental step. It's not like he's jumping up 3 divisions to fight Wlad.
Jack is offline  Top