Old 10-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #149
WatchfortheHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1894
Default Re: Pavlik is a bad fight for ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Serious question; why is it a brave move?

It's not like Ward is a knockout artist who is a threat to Pavlik. Both will earn good money and on top of that, if Pavlik loses a wide UD, does it really hurt him? Everyone expects him to lose a wide decision so if he does, what has he lost? Nothing. He can still come back and work his way up. It's not a risky fight because Ward can't punch and it's not a risky move to take the fight because Pavlik has nothing to lose due to expectations being so low.

It's like you're desperate to praise Pavlik all the time. Good luck to him and fair play for taking it, but it's not some monumental step. It's not like he's jumping up 3 divisions to fight Wlad.
It's not especially brave, but when you want to go after the best, I think that has to be respected.

It's not quite like when he said "I'd fight godzilla for $2", that would be a situation if he took a fight with Stevenson. The downside to that is, if he beat up on Stevenson Miranda-style people would say that he beat up on a limited fighter. So I won't nit-pick on trying to fight by far the best fighter at 168.
WatchfortheHook is offline  Top