View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #186
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How were old timers so good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
If they did invest in all that equipment and have all the knowledge wouldn't they be more inclined to use steroids, knowing the benefits and the fact it can make them the best they can be? Also with the knowledge many in HW boxing do use steroids, in a way it levels the playing field and doesn't detract from them

Why do you say you'd have had issues using steroids, do you have liver issues?

I'm not that bothered about PEDs, I use stims before workouts all the time and feel all the better for it
Lemme tell you what, man...

I've experimented with all kinds of body composition. I'm pretty lucky genetically in this regard; I can build fast and healthy, and I can shave fast and healthy. But, my proclivity when working out and training is to hulk up. I would say bulk up, but the proper term is hulk up. I have to be SO careful when I train; If I just cut loose and bust my ass for 6 hours, 2 hours lifting, I get big as a house in a hurry.

More muscle is a chore. I've had a ton of it before; I looked like an Adonis and all the ladies loved me. But man alive, did I feel slow, and my arms FELT heavier. Its hard hauling all the muscle around when you box. The bigger I am, the harder it was to be effective.

All the steroids made available to me would have exacerbated my stamina issues and my size issues. The muscle building, which I already do way better and easier than I would like, would just be insane.

Though, you bring up a good point...I have lived a fun life. My liver looks like desert camo, most likely, by now. Probably good I didn't mess with it further than attempting to murder it every weekend for 10 years.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top