View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #188
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337
Default Re: How were old timers so good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
Lemme tell you what, man...

I've experimented with all kinds of body composition. I'm pretty lucky genetically in this regard; I can build fast and healthy, and I can shave fast and healthy. But, my proclivity when working out and training is to hulk up. I would say bulk up, but the proper term is hulk up. I have to be SO careful when I train; If I just cut loose and bust my ass for 6 hours, 2 hours lifting, I get big as a house in a hurry.

More muscle is a chore. I've had a ton of it before; I looked like an Adonis and all the ladies loved me. But man alive, did I feel slow, and my arms FELT heavier. Its hard hauling all the muscle around when you box. The bigger I am, the harder it was to be effective.

All the steroids made available to me would have exacerbated my stamina issues and my size issues. The muscle building, which I already do way better and easier than I would like, would just be insane.

Though, you bring up a good point...I have lived a fun life. My liver looks like desert camo, most likely, by now. Probably good I didn't mess with it further than attempting to murder it every weekend for 10 years.
You have no idea how much I envy you right now
bodhi is offline  Top