View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #92
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166
Default Re: Geale VS Mandy - Objective thoughts please, leave the trolling at the gate...

When I watched their first fight in the pub I felt Mundine edged it by a couple of points...when I watched it again a few months later I still had Mundine winning it by a point but he didn't look like the better fighter, only the knockdown got him home...IMO Geale won his rounds more decisively and had the loose tape not come into play, which seem to kill his momentum and give Choc a much needed breather, I think he would have edged it clearly.
But it was a close fight that I don't think was a gift to Mundine...I think Choc made a good point in a recent interview about his clean, precise punching vs Geale's volume..it's a good clash of styles.

That was one of the better fights we have had on our soil in recent years and one of Mundine's better performances...I'm still pretty interested in seeing the rematch, I wouldn't sleep on Mundine just yet..I think some of this talk of Geale just tearing through him and easily stopping him is a bit misguided.
WhataRock is offline  Top